A GREAT old Italian recipe you can rely on for ease and taste with a twist using turkey and another twist using Worcestershire sauce. Works amazingly well.
Ingredients for two
- 6 x 50gm turkey slices
- ½ small can chopped tomatoes
- 2 x garlic cloves crushed
- lake salt to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- extra virgin olive oil
- seasoned flour
- 12 x capers
- 12 x black olive slices
- dry oregano flakes
- 2 x tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (or more)
- Dip your turkey slices into seasoned flour then fry fast in a little olive oil adding cracked pepper sealing the meat but leaving it a little under cooked.
- Set the meat aside but keep it warm.
- In the same pan fry the garlic for 30 seconds then add the tomatoes and fry for 10 minutes at a simmer with the lid on.
- Add salt and pepper followed by capers, olive slices and a pinch of dry oregano flakes and stir together.
- Return the meat to the sauce and mix in then poach with the lid on for about five minutes.
- Now sprinkle the Worcestershire sauce over all of the ingredients in the pan and serve.
Delicious with crusty bread and a partner.
The addition of Worcestershire sauce was inspired by an American Italian who insisted on adding ingredients that he found in America in the hope that it would make his family more American. The poor happy fool.