Have a Go News readers can receive a great value Mondo’s meat pack which includes chicken drumsticks, sausages, chops and mince, diced beef and as a very special gift for you, a copy of my book The Flesh in My Life. This beautifully presented hard copy book contains many of my family recipes. This recipe is an easy and quick recipe utilising the ingredients from the Have a Go pack. We hope to see you in store and don’t forget you can pick up your copy of Have a Go News at Mondos too.
- 2 tablespoons
- American mustard
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 8 tablespoons light muscovado or light brown sugar
- 12 beef sausages
- packet of tortillas
- 4 baby gem lettuces
- sweetcorn relish or your own favourite chutney, to serve
- Combine the mustard, ketchup and sugar. Preheat the barbecue. You can cook these in a pan if you don’t feel like firing up the barbecue.
- Toss the sausages on and sizzle for about 10 minutes, or until they are crispy, but not quite cooked through. Brush the sticky sauce all over the sausages and cook them for another five minutes, basting regularly.
- Heat the tortillas on the barbecue for 30 seconds each side. Roll the sticky sausages in the wraps, along with some baby gem leaves. Finish with a dollop of corn relish or your favourite chutney.