My friend Cathy made up the filling for this chicken and it pleased her family and friends. I begged for the recipe because it’s quick, easy and tasty.
Cathy’s Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 16 dried apricots chopped fine
- one leek chopped fine
- 80 g blue cheese
- white wine
- seasoned flour
- West Australian organic lake salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- West Australian extra virgin olive oil EVOO
- Soak the chopped apricots in some white wine and sauté the leek with salt and pepper in a little EVOO in a frying pan until very soft, then cool. Have blue cheese at room temperature to soften.
- Trim the chicken of all skin and loose meaty bits (save for a soup or stir fry), then cut each into two thin steaks. Tap out each steak with a meat mallet until nice and thin.
- Next drain the apricots and mix with the leek and blue cheese. Put some stuffing in between two slices of chicken, keeping the edges free of stuffing so you can tap the two slices together on the edges with a meat mallet. If you kept the filling flat the stuffed chicken won’t be too thick. Store in the fridge for about an hour to cool and firm up.
- Next dip each stuffed steak into seasoned flour, then egg wash and finally breadcrumbs.
- Shallow fry the crumbed chicken in EVOO till cooked and golden on the outside.
- Serve hot, warm or cold. All taste great!
Vince is the ambassador for Mondos Butchers located at 824 Beaufort Street, Inglewood.
They are open Tuesday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm
Saturday 9am to 2pm.
Phone 9371 6350 or visit www.mondo.net.au