Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 40 minutes
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 500g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, roughly chopped
- 1 brown onion, cut into thin wedges
- 400 ml can coconut cream
- ⅓ cup Rogan Josh curry paste
- 350g orange sweet potato, peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 800g can diced tomatoes
- 200g small, button mushrooms, halved
- 75g baby spinach leaves
- steamed basmati rice, mango chutney and pappadums, to serve
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook, turning occasionally, for four to five minutes until light golden.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining oil and onion to pan.
- Cook, stirring often, for three minutes.
- Spoon thick top layer of coconut cream into pan. Stir in curry paste and cook for two to three minutes until oil separates.
- Add chicken, sweet potato, cinnamon stick, tomatoes and remaining coconut cream to pan.
- Stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms and simmer, stirring occasionally, for a further 10-12 minutes until tender.
- Stir in spinach and cook for one minute or until leaves just wilt.
- Serve curry with steamed basmati rice, mango chutney and pappadums.