Mondos is pleased to offer Have a Go News readers a very special meat pack which includes chicken drumsticks, sausages, chops and mince, diced beef and as a very special gift, a copy of my book The Flesh in My Life. This beautifully presented hard copy book contains many of my family recipes. This is our second recipe in the series utilising the ingredients from the Have a Go pack. We hope to see you in store and don’t forget you can pick up your copy of Have a Go News at Mondos too.
Ingredients for two
- 1kg lamb shoulder chops
- 1 onion fine chopped
- 50ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 50g seasoned flour
- 300ml of chicken stock or stock made from stock cube
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Parsley finely chopped for garnish
Ingredients for marinade
- 350ml red wine
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 1 bay leaves
- 6 juniper berries
- 6 peppercorns crushed
- 1 tablespoons rosemary leaves
- Marinate the lamb chops one hour minimum in the fridge covered in plastic wrap, remove meat to one side.
- Heat half the oil in a pan and sauté the onion till soft and translucent, about 10 minutes. Add the marinade ingredients to the pan, bring to the boil and boil one minute to burn off the alcohol, then add stock. Lower the heat to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes until reduced by half. Then remove from heat and strain the sauce, discarding all the solids. Return to pan and continue to reduce by half; add butter and check seasoning and adjust, then turn off the heat.
- Coat the lamb in seasoned flour and seal in the EVOO in a big pan with remaining oil and hot enough to sizzle and create a crust on the lamb on both sides then turn down the heat and continue cooking till cooked to your preference.
- Place on a plate and drizzle over your sauce, sprinkle with some chopped parsley.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or vegetables or salad of your choice.
Vince is the proprietor of Mondos Butchers located at 824 Beaufort Street, Inglewood.
They are open Tuesday to Friday 8am – 6pm Saturday 9am to 2pm.
Phone 9371 6350 or visit www.mondo.net.au