Pasta with meatballs without tomato – now that’s different and delicious.
Ingredients for 4
- 500g minced steak (beef, lamb or pork)
- 100g finely diced prosciutto
- 100g finely diced mortadella
- 100ml white wine
- 2 heaped tablespoons grated parmesan
- 2 heaped tablespoons bechamel sauce
- 250g dry spaghetti
- 150g butter
- 1 cup of sage leaves
- 1 cup of seasoned flour
- WA organic lake salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Mix the mince, prosciutto, mortadella, parmesan, bechamel sauce and a little salt and pepper in a bowl until it is thoroughly combined.
- Now roll the mixture into little meatballs and set aside.
- Boil your pasta in lots of salted water till cooked al dente.
- At the same time in a large frypan melt half the butter and 100ml of EVOO and cook the meatballs after dipping them into the seasoned flour.
- Add half the sage leaves as they cook, stirring the meatballs and sage often.
- Add the 100 ml of white wine and cover with a lid.
- After five minutes test a meatball to see if it is cooked.
- When cooked put meatballs in a bowl covered with alfoil.
- Now using the same frypan (don’t clean it after removing the meatballs) heat it on a medium flame and add the other half of the butter and sage leaves stirring well.
- Now add the cooked pasta to the pan and half cup of hot pasta water and toss and stir well, releasing and melting the burnt bits stuck to the bottom of the pan into the liquid for flavour.
- Take off the heat and serve with the meatballs, cracked pepper and any pan juices. Very yum!