This is a great recipe for a Sunday roast with the family, or just to enjoy the delicious flavours of roasted pork oozing with mozzarella.
Preparation time: 15 Mins
- 2kg – pork loin rack
- 150gm – mozzarella
- 100gm – ham slices
- Silverbeet leaves
- Wrap mozzarella in ham and then wrap that in silverbeet leaves without the stalks.
- Lightly French and Chine and Feather the Pork Rack. Or get your butcher to do this for you.
- Cut a slash into the Rack like a Pocket and stuff the Silverbeet Parcel into it and Tie Up.
Approx. cooking time: 5 Minute Prep for Oven – Total Time Approx. 2 Hours 20 Mins
- Rub the Pork with Extra Virgin Olive Oil (25ml), then with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the pre-heated oven on a wire rack (skin side up) on a flat tray at 180 Degrees
- Fan forced for two hours, or, until an internal temperature of 60 degrees is reached minimum.
- Rest for 15 Minutes, Cut thick and serve.
Mix 50ml of extra virgin olive oil and 50ml lemon juice with one crushed clove of garlic, until very well infused together and drizzle a little over each cutlet when served.
Serve with seasonal vegetables or salad.