Preparation: 10 minutes, plus marinating;
Cooking: 15 minutes;
- 500g diced lamb
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup tomato juice
- ¼ cup tomato puree
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Yoghurt mint sauce
- 2 cups low-fat natural yoghurt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon finely sliced fresh mint leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine Worcestershire sauce, tomato juice, tomato puree, garlic, ginger and herbs in a shallow dish.
- Marinate diced lamb overnight.
- Soak eight wooden skewers in water for about 10 minutes.
- Pat lamb dry and thread onto skewers and cook on a barbecue plate or under the grill for 10 – 15 minutes or until tender.
- Combine yoghurt and sauce ingredients in a serving bowl. Chill.
- Serve kebabs with chilled yoghurt sauce for dipping.