LAMB T-bone are lamb shortloin chops and they look like miniature T-bones. They are made up of lamb fillet, lamb sirloin and lamb flap (tail) and have a nice mix of textures. The tail is chewy, the sirloin is succulent, the fillet is so tender and the clean bone is the evidence that is left. Enjoy this easy, tasty treat.
Ingredients for two people
- 8 Lamb T-bone (shortloin chops) 2 cm thick
- 100ml balsamic vinegar
- 50ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic fine chopped
- 12 sage leaves
- Organic Lake Salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Heat a large fry pan and put in the extra virgin olive oil and add the lamb T-bones.
- The lamb should be sizzling, so add your salt and after four minutes turn them over.
- Cook the second side for four minutes then add the sage leaves to the oil around the lamb.
- Cook the sage for 30 seconds then add the garlic and cook it for 30 seconds.
- Now add the balsamic vinegar over the lamb and quickly put the lid on the pan and take it off the heat.
- Rest the lamb with the lid on for five minutes.
- Then serve the chops on top of mash or green salad, with the pan juices poured over and a grind of black pepper.
Make sure you have a piece of bread to mop up the juices. Yummo!
Vince is the proprietor of Mondos Butchers located at 824 Beaufort Street, Inglewood.
They are open Tuesday to Friday 8am – 6pm Saturday 9am to 2pm.
Phone 9371 6350 or visit www.mondo.net.au