Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 5 minutes
- rind of ½ navel orange
- ¼ cup boiling water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 navel orange
- 2 tablespoon ricotta cheese
- Slice orange rind into matchstick sized pieces.
- Put the rind and boiling water into a small casserole dish and microwave and high for three minutes.
- Add the sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Microwave for two minutes.
- Peel orange.
- Remove pith and outside membrane using a very sharp knife.
- Take care to keep orange whole.
- Put orange into a dish that just holds it and cover with syrup and rind.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Serve glazed orange on a bed of ricotta topped with glazed rind and syrup.