Preparation: 25 minutes
Cooking: 45 minutes;
- 1 sheet ready rolled shortcrust pastry
- 4 apples, peeled, cored, thinly sliced
- 2 pears, peeled, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ⅓ cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, diced
- Icing sugar and fresh cream
- Place pastry sheet into a lightly greased 20 cm pie plate.
- Leave excess pastry intact for folding over filling.
- Toss apple and pear slices in lemon juice.
- Arrange slices in pie shell.
- Sprinkle with sugar and spices.
- Dot fruit with butter.
- Fold the over-hanging pastry over the fruit.
- Bake in a 190°C oven for 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden.
- Serve dusted with icing sugar and fresh cream.