Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 45 minutes
- 200g firm green pears,
- stem removed and cored
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds,
- dry roasted and cooled
- 150g carrots, peeled and grated
- 150g firm tofu, diced into 1cm pieces
- ¾ cup precooked canned lentils, drained
- 1 tablespoon finely grated
- orange zest
- 6 sheets Filo pastry
- Spray rice bran oil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup plain low fat yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Preheat oven 180°C or 160°C fan force.
- Cut pears into a 1cm square dice and put into bowl.
- Grind the cumin seeds in mortar and pestle; sprinkle over the pears and toss to coat well.
- Combine carrots, tofu, lentils and orange zest. Mix well.
- Lay one sheet of pastry on the bench and spray lightly with oil.
- Top with another sheet and repeat until the pastry is all used.
- Spoon the carrot mixture down one side of the assembled pastry layers. Top with diced pears and sprinkle with ground black pepper; roll and pull in the ends to make a sealed package and lift onto a baking paper lined baking tray.
- Spray with a light coating of oil and bake until browned and crisp – around 45 minutes.
- Combine the yoghurt, mint and pepper.
- Serve the sliced strudel hot with the yoghurt and green salad or steamed vegetables.