Entertaining and informative gems are revealed in Fascinating, Fun Facts: WA and the World, including:
- The WA didgeridoo player who has performed for Barack Obama, Chinese President Xi Jinping, the Queen and at the funerals of Gough Whitlam and Bob Hawke.
- Last year the world’s 100 highest-paid athletes earned $3.6 billion.
- A sultan put to death anyone who looked at him the wrong way. He also fathered a world record 888 children.
- Footprints left in the Pilbara 130 million years ago were used to create a life-size model of the largest land animal that ever lived.
- Why we rarely see the 404 million $100 bills in circulation.
Veteran journalist and author Lee Tate spent half his lifetime chasing and collating fascinating facts. His eye-opening, slim volumes, published exclusively by Have a Go News, make ideal gifts and can be posted cheaply.
The author’s earlier companion book, Awesome WA, commended by Premier Mark McGowan, is still in strong demand ($25) after several reprints.
Did you know?
The Great Wall of China is held together with sticky rice.
Perth’s Yagan Square is in the New York Times list of best places to go.
Before there was a British law for stealing children, a mother found her stolen son sweeping a chimney.
A WA country town has one of Australia’s 10 best-hidden camping spots.
Fascinating, Fun Facts: WA and the World is available from Have a Go News for $25 plus postage. Phone 9227 8283, or download the form here. or collect at 137 Edward Street, Perth, in office hours.
You won’t be able to put it down!