Preparation: 20 mins
Cooking 10 mins
This sweet spring salad is a refreshing addition to the menu
- 30g sesame seeds
- 1 orange, rind finely grated, juiced
- 2 oranges, peel removed, cut into segments
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 medium carrots, peeled, coarsely grated
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Place the sesame seeds in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the heat and transfer the seeds to a large serving bowl.
- Add the orange rind, 250ml (1 cup) of orange juice and the honey to the frying pan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until the honey melts and the mixture is warm.
- Add the carrot, orange segments and warm orange dressing to the sesame seeds and toss gently to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.